"A Constant Suicide" is the self-published, debut novel of Brian Krans. The first draft of the novel was written in November 2006, as part of National Novel Writing Month. It was released in May 2007 by Rock Town Press.

11.16.2006

A week of writing?

Still nothing down on the computer this week. More ideas of where to go next are filling the notebook I keep in my pocket at all times, but nothing more to add to the page count.

If I would have known a job would have been so much work, I would have completely skipped college all together.

But, I've found my silver lining to this cloud over me.

In my usual fashion, I've managed to keep 94 hours of vacation time that expires at the end of the year. Use it or lose it, the company says. But, I've actually managed to schedule some of it in.

The last week of the month, I have off from the paper. It will be one solid week of writing and nothing but. No working out. No skating. No bar, well maybe a little. Just a week of me locked in my apartment by myself writing. I'll stockpile the fridge and turn my phone off.

By the end of the week, I'll have drank enough coffee to destroy the lining in my stomach.

Sadly, I look forward to it way too much.

And yes, I'll be posting more exerpts soon.

Also, been messing around with cover ideas. Here's a start.

The title somewhere above. The name below.


A Constant Suicide


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A novel by Brian Krans

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the cover. It actually sums you up, kinda.