"A Constant Suicide" is the self-published, debut novel of Brian Krans. The first draft of the novel was written in November 2006, as part of National Novel Writing Month. It was released in May 2007 by Rock Town Press.

11.15.2006

Half done... at least the month is.

That's right kids, November is half over, but the novel isn't.

Sure, 50,000 words for a novel is nothing, but in one month is a pain in the arse when you try to have a life besides. Life's always getting in my way, or something like that workaholics tell themselves.

I'm currently hovering around Chapter 13. No, I won't be posting every one. Besides, if I did that, why would you read the book?

Right now, I've introduced the characters, the suicide, the situation. But, I've still got a mile to go on the plot.

There's one question I want lingering in everyone's mind -- why would this kid off himself?

I hope that's what some of you are already thinking.

As of now, I envision the novel being longer than 50,000 words. Because, sadly, in the 46,000-and some change words I have down now, I still haven't said much. Maybe I'm long-winded. Maybe I've got a lot to say about friends, college, girls, parties and suicide.

Maybe there's a lot to say.

It just depends on if I can say it the right way.

Right now I'll just continue waiting on the verdict in a murder trial. Guy younger than me allegedly goes over to his neighbors house to rob him. Beats him to death and stabs him in neck. Oh yeah, the victim's 74 years old. Oh yeah, he's never got more than $20 in his house.

Oh what a happy life I live.

Murder for work. Suicide for fun.

Never, ever ask me why I drink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, you are long winded, but don't worry so much about the length, just write until its done. I miss you, thanks for coming to visit me.

Brian Krans said...

Ouch, Bama.

Anonymous said...

The more you write on the blog, the more I am intrigued to find out whats going to happen. When you have more, let me know.

Unknown said...

Damn it krans just finish it. I am excited to see where this story goes and I can't wait to read it.