"A Constant Suicide" is the self-published, debut novel of Brian Krans. The first draft of the novel was written in November 2006, as part of National Novel Writing Month. It was released in May 2007 by Rock Town Press.

11.26.2006

It's time

Now is the time to see if I have what it takes. I've talked about doing a lot in my life, but rarely have actually done it. Guys from college, you know what I mean. Meredith, you know what I mean.

This week will decide if I can finally shut the hell up and do something with my life - do what I want to do with it. No more talk. It's time for action.

So here I am on the eve of the turning point of my life. Do I go on doing what I'm told, keeping a steady job or do I move forward with doing what would truly make my happy? If I succeed, I would be my own boss for the rest of my life.

The fridge is stocked. The laundry is done. Work is non-existant. Distractions have disappeared.

I will tell you this -- the ending is done and it even suprised me. It's nothing you'll expect.

Now, knowing the beginning and the end, I have to make sure I set the scenery and tone equal to the completed parts.

To all of my friends, you have inspired my life in more ways than I could ever repay you for. I love you all. Wish me the best.

With love,
Brian

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck bud, can't wait to read the final copy. See you in a few weeks.

Jay said...

So when do we get to see the whole thing? And just for the record...I never doubted you. You always had big plans, and I loved to see your enthusiasm. I just hoped you would have gone thru with the movie scripts (i.e. Working). Any plans of a film adaptation to this novel?

Brian Krans said...

Adaptation, I don't know. I've already got the idea for my next book, sort of a rewrite of Working. That is going to be a good one.

Jay said...

That would be sweet. i liked "Working." So are you going to stick to self publishing online, or hard print as well?

Brian Krans said...

Jay,
This isn't an online book. This blog is just to keep me good to my word and so Kellen has a place to post lewd comments and not get kicked off. Oh yeah, I'm definately printing the thing.

Unknown said...

Lewd comments? I do not know of what you speak. It is not lewd to say sweaterkittens. Or to call Joe a cum guzzling gut slut. It is just the truth.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you on your final push. I'm also looking forward to reading the final copy.