"A Constant Suicide" is the self-published, debut novel of Brian Krans. The first draft of the novel was written in November 2006, as part of National Novel Writing Month. It was released in May 2007 by Rock Town Press.

11.21.2006

Half way, finally

Last night, sat down for a bit and threw down about a thousand words. I finally topped the 50 percent mark. My biggest mistake as of far was editing pieces when I should just have been writing. The first draft is supposed to be rough.

Slowly, the book is becoming more commentary on college in general. Maybe I oversimplify too much, but I'm trying to view it from a former straight-edge kid who's running around drunk and horny all of the time.

But, I will say one thing. With Thanksgiving off, and the week to follow. I WILL FINISH. I repeat, I will finish. Some of the material by the end might not be too great for reading, but it will fit into the full amount.

I can't thank everyone enough for the criticism on the few chapters I've thrown down. It's much appreciated. The book is directed towards our age group, so the more input you can give me, the better.

Don't worry about my feelings. If you say something to make the book better, my pride can go to hell. And yes, that was me saying it. Capt. Cocky. Admiral Arrogant. Sgt. Shithead.

No comments: